Vicki Hardwill's journey to a First Class Degree!
Bridgwater College has an excellent reputation both regionally and nationally as a highly successful provider of education and training. We are results-driven and our students consistently attain high levels of achievement placing the College amongst the best of all education and training providers in the South West.
Our well-qualified, friendly, approachable staff are committed to helping each student achieve their full potential and through strong partnerships with universities, such as Oxford Brookes, Plymouth, Bournemouth and the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), we can ensure a seamless transition for students wishing to progress to foundation degree and honours degree level programmes.
The appeal for many of our students is the quality of teaching and the learning environment on offer. We combine the best qualities of a further education college and a university: small class sizes, state-of-the-art facilities, high quality teaching and tutorial support which the QAA described as ‘exemplary’, and a secure, welcoming environment.
Information about The College:
- Is a Learning and Skills Beacon status College
- Has been designated an Outstanding College by Ofsted
- Received 12 National Beacon Awards in recent years
- Meets the Matrix Standard for information, advice and guidance services
- Has been accredited with the Training Quality Standard for provision to employers.
A significant investment programme means the College facilities are constantly developing. In recent years the College has invested:
- £8 million on a state-of-the-art Energy Skills Centre
- £7 million in the Health & Fitness Centre
- £2 million had been invested in a new Construction Centre
- £2 million on a new Animal Management Centre
- Plans are being developed for a new Agricultural Training Facility, Performing Arts Centre and Accommodation block.
We also have a growing international community, with students studying from over 35 different countries and there is also a significant provision for students with additional learning needs. The college caters for all levels of study, from Year 10 right through to honours degree courses.
We believe Bridgwater College offers a familiar, safe and secure environment in which to live and study, and that our students benefit enormously from their time with us.